- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
- Time for Fun & Games!
- So who’s Calling the Shots…?
- At My Mother’s Table …
- Glimpses of Love and Eternity …
Category Archives: Memories
When I first heard the words “sheltering in place,” that everyone would have to stay at home and not gather with family or friends for several weeks, I instantly thought “Oh no, not another tunnel.” Then … Continue reading
Life is just a collection of moments, Some tell us who we are, Others what might have been… During the past weeks of rainy weather, I looked through some of my mother’s keepsakes, and I found a … Continue reading
This morning I was listening to Blues singer Etta James singing Trust in Me and my years in Kansas City come alive. Moving to Kansas City in the mid-1950s was a real eye-opener for a … Continue reading
The doorbell rang early the morning of January 7, 1956. Mother came running to my room and woke me up saying, “You need to go to the front door.” Half asleep, I wrapped a robe around me and stumbled to … Continue reading
‘Twas the Night before Christmas When all through the house, Family was gathered, gifts under the tree, Dinner was ready, how delicious it smells, When what to our wandering minds should occur, But the birth of a child, She was … Continue reading
Have you ever wished you could go back to childhood and eat another meal at your mother’s table? I would so love to do that one more time. There was certainly nothing fancy about the little house … Continue reading
Every so often in this life I have a glimpse of that special thing we call love … Every so often in this life I am blessed with a glimpse of what I call eternity … This happened to … Continue reading
1939-1940 Dallas Power & Light crew and truck. (My dad: 2nd man from the right) Life often surprises us with unexpected treasures, my dad showed up for me a few days ago. I was searching through old files trying to … Continue reading
Many of us who’ve watched the political scene in America for decades are wondering what happened to honesty and integrity. We can remember when a man’s word was his bond. We remember when truth was significant. We remember … Continue reading