- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Category Archives: Moving
Kansas City … and All that Jazz
This morning I was listening to Blues singer Etta James singing Trust in Me and my years in Kansas City come alive. Moving to Kansas City in the mid-1950s was a real eye-opener for a … Continue reading
Posted in General, Kansas City, Memories, Moving, music Tagged 1950s, Army, daughters, Jazz, Jazz Clubs, Kansas City, Kansas City Blues, Texas, The Blue Room 4 Comments
Candlelight and Hot Milk … a different kind of Christmas.
Christmas—it’s all around us at this time of the year. We see it in the faces of little children, the music we hear, the movies we see, and in the hustle and bustle in the shopping centers of … Continue reading
Posted in Christmas, General, God, Jesus Christ, Memories, Moving Tagged Candlelight, Christmas, dark nights, darkness, happy ever after, home, hope, Hot Milk, light after, love, Nostalgia, reality, struggle 6 Comments
Changes … Chapter 7 in the Seasons of Life
I don’t much like changes… How about you? This year I moved from my home of almost fifty years, the place where my daughters grew up and where I lived for most of my life. Sifting thru the things … Continue reading