- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
- Time for Fun & Games!
- So who’s Calling the Shots…?
- At My Mother’s Table …
Tag Archives: America
When I first heard the words “sheltering in place,” that everyone would have to stay at home and not gather with family or friends for several weeks, I instantly thought “Oh no, not another tunnel.” Then … Continue reading
Life was so much simpler when I was a child in the 30s, 40s and 50s. Watching the news the past few years and again this last week, I am deeply saddened by America and the … Continue reading
Do you ever turn on the news or read a newspaper or article and wonder who is calling the shots? I remember a time when I heard or read the news and I didn’t feel sad or mad … Continue reading
In light of what is happening in our country today, my mind has run rampant again, you know this nit-picky mind of mine, and I need to remember a gentler time in America. I remember when … Continue reading
Many of us who’ve watched the political scene in America for decades are wondering what happened to honesty and integrity. We can remember when a man’s word was his bond. We remember when truth was significant. We remember … Continue reading
There’s something about a tattered and torn flag that speaks to me. It speaks of the many years it has flown over America, of my childhood and standing up every morning in the classroom saying the Pledge of Allegiance. It … Continue reading