- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Tag Archives: writing
Unexpected treasures … My dad showed up for me one more time
1939-1940 Dallas Power & Light crew and truck. (My dad: 2nd man from the right) Life often surprises us with unexpected treasures, my dad showed up for me a few days ago. I was searching through old files trying to … Continue reading
Posted in General, Great Depression, Memories Tagged 1939, 1949, 1977, Dads, Dallas, Dallas Power & Light Company, Denton County, fathers, God, grace, Great Depression, grief, quotations, surprises, Texas, treasures, writing 6 Comments
People Who Need People
People People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world We’re children, needing other children And yet letting a grown up pride Hide all the need inside Acting more like children than children. Do you remember this song? … Continue reading
Posted in Changes, General, MacArthur Hills, senior community Tagged friends, Friendship, Lifestyle, People, Retirement, Retreats, Writers, writing 6 Comments
Everything Comes to an End … or does it?
Universal Truth is that no matter what we do or don’t do everything comes to an end, a good bottle of wine, cool weather in Texas, icy streets, the simplicity of childhood, the innocence of America, good times, bad times, … Continue reading
Posted in General, Jesus Christ Tagged Christ, death, Dr. Seuss, fairytale ending, friends, happy ever after, hope, loss, memories, reality, universal truth, Writers, writing Leave a comment
IBC Writers Workshop Monthly Meetings
If you’ve ever dreamed of telling your story, this might just be for you! It’s open to writers, poets, wannabee writers, readers, & inquiring minds who want to know! We are there to encourage. Our goal is to build a community … Continue reading
Posted in IBC Writers Workshop Tagged IBC, Irving, Texas, workshop, Writers, writing Leave a comment