- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Tag Archives: grief
Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
Sometimes in the dark of the night I think about what might have been. You know—the kind of night when sleep won’t come and the past fills our minds. I think about my loved ones … Continue reading
Posted in Easter, General, Jesus Christ Tagged celebration, Christ, Easter, God, grief, hope, Jesus, Left Behind 4 Comments
Light at the End of the Tunnel … Then and Now
I woke up early thinking about tunnels and how there is always light at the end of a tunnel, evidently I had been dreaming about them. This picture was in my mind and I knew it was … Continue reading
Posted in Easter, General, Jesus Christ Tagged Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, Easter, gift, grief, Jesus, Jesus Christ, light, Light of the world, Living God, memories, ocean, peace of mind, Skyline Drive, sorrow, tunnels 10 Comments
Unexpected treasures … My dad showed up for me one more time
1939-1940 Dallas Power & Light crew and truck. (My dad: 2nd man from the right) Life often surprises us with unexpected treasures, my dad showed up for me a few days ago. I was searching through old files trying to … Continue reading
Posted in General, Great Depression, Memories Tagged 1939, 1949, 1977, Dads, Dallas, Dallas Power & Light Company, Denton County, fathers, God, grace, Great Depression, grief, quotations, surprises, Texas, treasures, writing 6 Comments
Chasing the Wind … Seeking solace for my soul
The past week has been rather like chasing the wind, it’s been an emotional journey. Myriads of memories, events from the past have flooded my mind. My brain seems to work in strange ways, sometimes thoughts come … Continue reading
Posted in General, Jesus Christ, Memories Tagged death, eternal life, grief, hope, injustice, memories 4 Comments