- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
- Time for Fun & Games!
- So who’s Calling the Shots…?
Tag Archives: memories
When I first heard the words “sheltering in place,” that everyone would have to stay at home and not gather with family or friends for several weeks, I instantly thought “Oh no, not another tunnel.” Then … Continue reading
Life is just a collection of moments, Some tell us who we are, Others what might have been… During the past weeks of rainy weather, I looked through some of my mother’s keepsakes, and I found a … Continue reading
I posted this years ago but dad is on my mind so strongly today … and I’m reminded again of the old song, “Someone to Watch over Me.” Dad was the one who made me feel safe, protected, … Continue reading
The doorbell rang early the morning of January 7, 1956. Mother came running to my room and woke me up saying, “You need to go to the front door.” Half asleep, I wrapped a robe around me and stumbled to … Continue reading
‘Twas the Night before Christmas When all through the house, Family was gathered, gifts under the tree, Dinner was ready, how delicious it smells, When what to our wandering minds should occur, But the birth of a child, She was … Continue reading
Every so often in this life I have a glimpse of that special thing we call love … Every so often in this life I am blessed with a glimpse of what I call eternity … This happened to … Continue reading
I woke up early thinking about tunnels and how there is always light at the end of a tunnel, evidently I had been dreaming about them. This picture was in my mind and I knew it was … Continue reading
Ray and I would have been married 35 years today and I’m remembering a wonderful man. Ray came on the scene in the midst of my grief at the loss of my first husband and during … Continue reading
Maybe a day with family, maybe to go back 10, 20, 30 or 40 years and enjoy a treasured day … Maybe to spend Christmas Eve with a loved one who has left this earthly abode for a new … Continue reading