- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Tag Archives: love
Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
The doorbell rang early the morning of January 7, 1956. Mother came running to my room and woke me up saying, “You need to go to the front door.” Half asleep, I wrapped a robe around me and stumbled to … Continue reading
Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
‘Twas the Night before Christmas When all through the house, Family was gathered, gifts under the tree, Dinner was ready, how delicious it smells, When what to our wandering minds should occur, But the birth of a child, She was … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, Christmas, General, Memories Tagged Baby Boy, Christmas, Christmas Eve, daughters, Jesus, love, Mary, memories, spirit of Christmas, Texas 5 Comments
Glimpses of Love and Eternity …
Every so often in this life I have a glimpse of that special thing we call love … Every so often in this life I am blessed with a glimpse of what I call eternity … This happened to … Continue reading
Posted in General, MacArthur Hills, Memories Tagged compassion, Eternity, friends, Lord, love, memories, music, tears 13 Comments
Love and Marriage … Remembering January 22, 1982
Ray and I would have been married 35 years today and I’m remembering a wonderful man. Ray came on the scene in the midst of my grief at the loss of my first husband and during … Continue reading
Candlelight and Hot Milk … a different kind of Christmas.
Christmas—it’s all around us at this time of the year. We see it in the faces of little children, the music we hear, the movies we see, and in the hustle and bustle in the shopping centers of … Continue reading
Posted in Christmas, General, God, Jesus Christ, Memories, Moving Tagged Candlelight, Christmas, dark nights, darkness, happy ever after, home, hope, Hot Milk, light after, love, Nostalgia, reality, struggle 6 Comments