LAST of the FUN & GAMES!
Let’s see how much you know about Christmas trivia!
15. The poem commonly known as The Night Before Christmas was originally titled?
a) Santa’s Secret Visit
b) A Visit from Nicholas
c) The Night Before Christmas
d) The Midnight Guest
16.In the 1969 cartoon classic Frosty the Snowman how high could Frosty count?
17. In the original Christmas carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas, how many “drummers drumming” did my true love give to me?
18. In the 1983 movie A Christmas Story,what gift does Ralphie want most?
a) A football
b) A Red Rider BB gun
c) Bunny Pajamas
d) A pet dog
19. Joel Poinsett brought the poinsettia, a traditional Christmas flower to America in 1829 from what country?
20. Settlers of what nationality used the first Christmas trees in the United States in the early 1800s?
21. The words and music of the famous carol Silent Night wee written and composed by Joseph Mohr on this day in 1818?
a) Christmas Eve
c) January 1
d) His birthday
22. The first commercial Christmas card was created in 1843 by John Horsley and contained the message?
a) Merry Christmas to your Family
b) Happy Holidays
c) Seasons Greetings
d) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
Here’s the answers to questions 8-14:
8.C…In Syria Christmas gifts are distributed by The Wise Men’s Camel.
9.C…The real St. Nicholas lived in Turkey.
10.B…In The Nutcracker ballet, the nutcracker’s main enemy is King of the Mice.
11.D…It’s customary to exchange kisses beneath the Mistletoe.
12.A…One of Michigan’s towns is called Christmas.
13.C…The Christmas song which was originally written for Thanksgiving is Jingle Bells.
14.A…The name of the Grinch’s dog was Max.
How did you do?
Here’s the answers to #15-22.
15.B…The poem known as The Night Before Christmas was originally titled A Visit from St. Nicholas.
16.C…Frosty could count to FIVE.
17.B…My true love gave me NINE “drummers drumming.”
18.B…Ralphie most wanted a Red Rider BB Gun.
19.C…The poinsettia came from Mexico.
20.C…The first Christmas tree in the United States was used by German settlers.
21.A…Silent Night was written and composed on Christmas Eve 1818.
22.D…The first commercial Christmas card created said
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You