- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Category Archives: Birthday
Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
‘Twas the Night before Christmas When all through the house, Family was gathered, gifts under the tree, Dinner was ready, how delicious it smells, When what to our wandering minds should occur, But the birth of a child, She was … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, Christmas, General, Memories Tagged Baby Boy, Christmas, Christmas Eve, daughters, Jesus, love, Mary, memories, spirit of Christmas, Texas 5 Comments
At My Mother’s Table …
Have you ever wished you could go back to childhood and eat another meal at your mother’s table? I would so love to do that one more time. There was certainly nothing fancy about the little house … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, General, Memories Tagged childhood, cook, Happy Birthday, mealtime, milkman, Mother, mother's table, recipes, Sherry Cake, war rationing, World War II 9 Comments
Christmas Wishes … What is it you really, really want for Christmas?
Maybe a day with family, maybe to go back 10, 20, 30 or 40 years and enjoy a treasured day … Maybe to spend Christmas Eve with a loved one who has left this earthly abode for a new … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, Christmas, Jesus Christ Tagged Almighty God, Christ, Christmas Eve, gifts, manager, memories, nativity, wishes Leave a comment
Birthdays … and Sunshine in January!
Birthdays — I’ve spent so many of these all alone! Not because I wanted to, but because on January 31 the weather in Texas is usually freezing, snowing, sleeting, raining, or way too cold to stick your nose out-of-doors! And … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, Dallas, General Tagged 1940, celebrations, downtown Dallas, friends, Neiman Marcus 4 Comments
Spills, Drills, Thrills, and Bills …
Yesterday, January 31, was my birthday—I am thinking about my parents and the past eight decades. And wondering where the time went. It passed too fast. There’s never been enough time to do all the things I want to do. … Continue reading
Posted in Birthday, General, God, Jesus Christ Tagged 80th birthday, Birthday, Christmas, Christmas Eve, things I have learned 1 Comment