- Merry Christmas!
- THE DAVENPORT DAUGHTERS is finally here!
- Father’s Day … Sunshine and Scarlet Ribbons
- Reflections from an Octogenarian…the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Remembering Mother…the Past and the Present
- Sheltering in Place–Another Tunnel to Go Through
- Remembering our Veterans … Freedom is not free
- When things go clunk in the night …
- The Cinderella Syndrome…and they lived happily ever after
- Life is a Collection of Moments…Halloween Fun in 1923
- Rain, Rain go away … Come Again Another Day
- Parakeets, Perils, Pitfalls, and Perversity of a Writer
- Someone to Watch Over Me …
- Left Behind … Have you ever wondered?
- Nothing is the Same…When Right was Right and Wrong was Wrong
- Kansas City … and All that Jazz
- Today’s Our Day…Memories, we all have them
- Every Christmas has a Story … This one is for my daughter
- Last of the Fun & Games for 2017 !
- Time for More Fun & Games
Tag Archives: football jackets
Time Capsule — Buses, Streetcars, and Hot Peanuts
Remembering a special time in 1951. Bill and I married January 7, 1955. We would have been married 60 years if he had lived. Precious memories. I posted this picture on Facebook to commemorate a treasured day in my life—and … Continue reading
Posted in General, Time Capsule Tagged 1950s, 1951, Adamson High School, buses, Dallas, downtown Dallas, Elm Street, football jackets, Great Depression, hot roaster peanuts, last generation of innocence, letter jackets, Majestic Theater, movies, Oak Cliff, Palace Theater, Planters Peanut Store, Rialto Theater, streetcars, Texas, touch football, Tower Theater, World War II 5 Comments