TIME FOR MORE FUN & GAMES!
Let’s see how much you know about Christmas trivia!
8. In Syria, Christmas gifts are distributed by?
a) The Three Kings
b) Tom O’Bedlam
c) One of the Wise Men’s camels
d) Father Christmas
9. The real St. Nicholas lived?
a) At the North Pole
b) On the island of Malt
c) In Turkey
d) In Holland
10. In Tchaikovsky’s ballet The Nutcracker,
The nutcracker’s main enemy is…?
a) A girl called Clara
b) The King of the Mice
d) Dosselmeyer the magician
11. At Christmas it is customary to exchange kisses beneath a sprig of which plant?
12. Believe it or not, one Michigan town is called …?
d) Santa Claus
13. Which popular Christmas song was actually first written for Thanksgiving?
a) Away in a Manager
b) Frosty the Snowman
c) Jingle Bells
d) Joy to the World
14. In Dr. Seuss’ book How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the name of the Grinch’s dog was …?
Here’s the answers to questions 1-7:
- C…The carol “Silent Night” was first played on the Guitar.
- B…Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in 1895.
- D…The name of Scrooge’s deceased business partner in Charles Dickens’
A Christmas Carol was Jacob Marley
4.C…In North America children put stockings out at Christmas time.
The Dutch children use stockings.
5..C…Which name does NOT belong to one of Santa’s reindeer—Klaxon.
6. B…In Guatemala Christmas Day is celebrated on December 25.
7. C…Good King Wenceslas was king of Bohemia.
How did you do?
For more trivia and the answers to #8-14,
check the new post on Thursday!